At Cox Padmore Skolnik & Shakarchy, we advise banks and financial institutions in regard to the increasing threat of terror financing, money laundering, and other forms of bank fraud. Serving both a domestic and international clientele, we assist in tracing fraudulent transactions, setting up effective compliance programs, and protecting against the stringent liability actions resulting from negligence in this area.
Partner Deborah Srour, who has internationally renowned experience in terror financing, has been called upon to draft legislation, and is one of the few attorneys globally with extensive knowledge in this particular area.
Comprehensive Compliance Knowledge · Litigation Experience
Our compliance and corporate governance clients include borrowers, commercial banks, credit unions, savings and thrifts, and holding companies in New York City and beyond. Our firm assists lenders, depositors and borrowers in accordance with complex state, federal and international banking statutes and regulations. Our attorneys' banking and finance experience includes:
- Commercial finance
- Asset-based lending
- Lending and secured transactions
- Loan workouts
- Mortgages and foreclosures
- International banking matters
In connection with financial matters, we also have handled claims involving:
- Breach of fiduciary duty, agency and good faith
- Breach of loan commitment
- Breach of trust and customers' deposits
- Equitable set-off and estoppels
- Improvident realizations/mismanagement of assets
- Lender liability after loan default
- Money laundering
- Negligent misrepresentation and bank reference letters
- Privacy and duty of confidence
Our clientele is varied. We are not afraid of risk. We have a broad group of clients in the alternate lending community who take on large risks for larger profits.
Schedule a Consultation With CPS&S
To see a sampling of the successful results Cox Padmore Skolnik & Shakarchy has achieved for clients, please click here.
To discuss your needs with one of our lawyers, call us toll free at 866-716-3813 or send us an email.