The attorneys of Cox Padmore Skolnik & Shakarchy LLP represent both plaintiffs and defendants in a broad range of commercial litigation, arbitration and mediation. From our main offices in New York City as well as locations in Long Island, Denver and New Jersey, we pursue creative, cost-effective solutions for clients ranging from closely held companies to large multinational corporations.
Commercial Litigation And Dispute Resolution Services
Our lawyers help our clients resolve business disputes through negotiation or mediation as well as litigation in federal, state and international courts and arbitration tribunals, including trials and intermediate and final appeals. The following are examples of the types of services we provide:
- Contract disputes: Examples include breach of contract and tortious interference claims.
- Professional practice disputes: Resolution of disputes in professional practices, such as medical, dental and legal.
- Shareholder and LLC membership disputes: We represent majority and minority shareholders and members and managers of limited liability companies (LLCs), accounting firms, law firms, medical practices and other partnerships.
- Business torts: We handle cases of fraud, infringement claims, defamation, unfair competition and violation of noncompete agreements.
- International litigation: We handle cross-border claims and international arbitration, appearing in foreign tribunals and forums such as the International Chamber of Commerce (Paris) and the Center for International Dispute Resolution.
- Complex and multiple-party litigation: Our lawyers are capable of handling litigation involving multiple parties, claims, jurisdictions and other issues.
- Litigation management: Our lawyers work with in-house counsel to manage and supervise complex litigation involving multiple claims and venues.
- Tax dispute resolution: We handle responses to notices of tax adjustments, tax audit assistance, negotiation of offers in compromise, abatement of interest and penalties, and litigation in tax court.
- Franchise litigation: The relationship between franchisee and franchisor is complex and disputes may involve multiple areas of law.
- Embezzlement and employee fraud: When an employee engages in fraud or theft, our attorneys are creative in identifying third parties that may have enough assets to pay.
- Misrepresentation and nondisclosure: Our lawyers have extensive experience in cases involving misrepresentation and nondisclosure in accounting, investments, real estate, sales of businesses, sales of artwork and other types of transactions.
- Internet law claims: Our lawyers handle claims ranging from defamation to trademark infringement to identify theft.
- Professional malpractice: We handle claims of negligence involving doctors, lawyers, dentists, engineers, architects and other professionals.
- Alternatives to litigation: The best path to a positive conclusion is often through out-of-court negotiation, mediation or arbitration.
In addition, our extensive trial practice enables us to provide a quick and accurate analysis of litigation risk. We regularly help our clients best position themselves to minimize exposure.
Successfully navigating commercial disputes and litigation or arbitration is integral to achieving your business objectives. Managing costs is a priority for many of our clients. That is why we help companies involved in commercial litigation or arbitration make decisions consistent with their goals. Our commercial litigators aggressively defend our clients' interests in complex and multiparty litigation and arbitration. Throughout your dispute, we will work with you to pursue a course of action that defends your business interests while remaining cost-effective.
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Our focus on efficient dispute resolution means we always consider whether arbitration, mediation, facilitation, mini-trials or private judging is in the best interests of our clients. We have vast experience in negotiating mediated settlements in a variety of disputes across industries and legal practice areas. Our experienced arbitration practitioners are familiar with arbitration in both domestic and international forums.
For more information about commercial litigation, call 917-512-4332 or 866-716-3813 toll free. You can also send us an email, and we will contact you promptly.
See a sampling of the successful results Cox Padmore Skolnik & Shakarchy LLP has achieved for our clients.