When someone or some company is accused of willfully doing harm to another's business interests, reputation or relationships, the applicable, broad legal term may be "business tort." The businesspeople involved are more likely to think and speak in terms of fraud or misrepresentation; libel, slander or defamation; trademark or copyright infringement; or unfair competition, for example.
Accused of Financial Wrongdoing or Injured Financially by Someone Else?
At Cox Padmore Skolnik & Shakarchy LLP (CPS&S), you will find attorneys with many decades of experience investigating, analyzing, and pursuing or defending complex business injury claims. Our diverse yet complementary strengths in areas ranging from white collar criminal defense to representation of employers in contract disputes give us the insight and perspective to protect our clients' interests on either side of matters involving allegations of:
- Securities fraud, bank fraud, health care fraud, real estate fraud and other forms of corporate fraud and misrepresentation for financial gain
- Interference with contractual relations, or "tortious interference" — often involving willfully disrupting a formal business relationship by unlawful means
- Unauthorized use of, or infringement upon, trademarks, copyrights and other valuable intellectual property — in print, online over the Internet or through other media
- Business defamation and unfair competition, such as those involving deceptive and misleading advertising or sales techniques
- Violations of the terms of non-compete agreements and other employment contracts
Consult Our Manhattan Business Tort Lawyers: 866-716-3813
In addition to representing clients involved in claims between competing companies, our New York City business fraud lawyers have also successfully resolved numerous complex internal disputes between business partners and shareholders in corporations.
In all we do, we seek the path to resolution — negotiations or litigation — best suited to our clients' interests and priorities. Our track record of case successes in the area of business torts is substantial. We will welcome your request for an exploratory consultation on your potential case.