If you have suffered harm because a professional failed to meet the standards of his or her profession, you may be able to recover compensation for your damages. At Cox Padmore Skolnik & Shakarchy LLP, our attorneys bring years of experience to handling professional negligence claims. With offices in New York City, Denver and New Jersey, we handle these cases nationwide.
What Is Professional Negligence?
Generally, professionals owe a duty of care to their clients consistent with the standards in their profession. Our lawyers handle cases of negligence and malpractice involving accountants, architects, engineers, lawyers, fiduciaries and other professionals. In the proper circumstances, the following can be examples of professional negligence:
- A lawyer who fails to file a lawsuit within the statute of limitations
- An architect who designs an unsafe structure
- An engineer who fails to uncover property defects
- An accountant who fails to keep proper records
- A financial institution that fails to discover employee theft
- A person with fiduciary responsibility who mismanages client funds
We have the ability to handle complex cases involving contested liability. Our lawyers work with experts who can testify in court as to the standards that apply to the professional's services. We will evaluate your case and assess the potential costs and benefits of litigation vs. negotiation, mediation and arbitration.
For More Information About Professional Negligence In New York City
For more information about accounting malpractice, legal malpractice and other forms of professional negligence, call 917-512-4332 or 866-716-3813 toll free. You can also complete our online contact form.