Natalia Gourari is an experienced litigation attorney who has represented celebrities and high net worth individuals in complex equitable distribution, child support, custody, and visitation proceedings. Natalia negotiates pre- and post-nuptial agreements and structures financial settlements for her matrimonial clients.
Natalia began her legal education at the Moscow Institute of Foreign Affairs; graduated from New York University with high honors as an economics major, and completed her legal education at the Cardozo School of Law. Natalia began her career as a corporate attorney at Debevoise & Plimpton, but subsequently developed a niche in matrimonial law. Natalia has special expertise in HAGUE convention issues that are often raised in international divorces. Natalia has written about child abduction and lectured at CLE attorney seminars on matrimonial law topics.
She is married and has children.
She is passionate about protecting her client's rights and assists them in overcoming the complicated situations that can occur with divorce and family matters.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Divorce and Separation
- Equitable (Property) Distribution
- Child Support
- Maintenance (Spousal Support)
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Violations, Enforcement and Modifications
- Spousal/Family/Intimate Partner Abuse and Domestic Violence
- Grandparents' rights
- Prenuptial, Post-Nuptial, Settlement and Modification Agreements
- Collaborative Law
- Supreme Court and Family Court
- International and Intrastate Child Abduction
- New York
- New Jersey
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. - June, 1998
- New York University, New York, New York
- B.A. - January, 1995
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: With High Honors
- Major: Economics
- Moscow Institute of Foreign Affairs
- Lectured, CLE attorney seminars on matrimonial law topics
Past Employment Positions
- Debevoise & Plimpton