Construction Law And Litigation
Cox Padmore Skolnik & Shakarchy LLP offers owners, developers and contractors diligent representation in the area of construction law. We bring a multi-disciplinary approach to any legal dispute, including in construction matters. As a noted business litigation law firm, our attorneys are able to provide aggressive representation in both negotiating and resolving business and construction disputes.
Our History Of Successful Representation
The firm has handled cases involving various construction-related matters, including:
- Construction arbitration arising from conversion to cooperative and condominium regimes in the City of New York
- Unauthorized construction activities by an adjoining property owner
- Representation of an owner whose building was demolished due to activities of an adjoining property owner that compromised its structural integrity
- A dispute with an owner over architectural services rendered
- Representation of a retail tenant with an international market in a claim involving water damage to a location in SoHo, representation of homeowners in claims involving construction and renovation of upscale homes, and other construction related matters.
In construction disputes, the ability to synthesize and organize voluminous documents and the testimony of expert witnesses is often critical to the claim. Cox Padmore Skolnik & Shakarchy LLP focuses carefully on both of these aspects of representation in the area of construction law.