Jacob S. Shakarchy
Mr. Shakarchy's area of concentration is focused on corporate law, advising entrepreneurs in commercial and corporate transactions, all aspects of real estate finance, acquisition and development, and corporate and individual tax and estate planning. He is admitted to practice in New York.
Mr. Shakarchy was born in Tehran, Iran of Iraqi parentage, attended the Tehran Community International School before commencing his college education in the United States. He graduated summa cum laude from The American University in Washington, D.C. Mr. Shakarchy then attended Georgetown University Law School and the New York University School of Law where he obtained respectively his J.D. and L.L.M. in Taxation degrees. Mr. Shakarchy worked in the Beverly Hills law firm of Kaplan Livingston Goodwin Berkowitz and in the Washington, D.C. offices of Finley, Kumble, Wagner, Underberg & Casey, in the corporate law, tax and real estate departments.
Mr. Shakarchy specializes in providing personalized services for entrepreneurs. This involves day to day interaction in many details of his clients' respective business and personal endeavors. He acts in an advisory capacity as a general counsel for his clients, obtaining for them necessary legal representation within and without his firm. His emphasis has been to provide a client with proper advice on how to approach or structure a particular investment or business, to perform the legal services necessary to complete the transactions and to deliberate in advance an exit policy for the particular investment. His multi-cultural background and his fluent command of four languages have provided him with the tools necessary for sensitive and empathetic handling of his clients' needs.
On a personal note, he is an avid reader of political history and religion, plays squash regularly and is involved in community affairs on a pro-bono basis. He is married and has two young children.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Corporate Law
- Commercial and Corporate Transactions
- Real Estate Finance, Acquisition and Development
- Corporate and Individual Tax and Estate Planning
- 10% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- New York, 1981
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York
- LL.M. in Taxation - 1981
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 1979
- American University, Washington, District of Columbia
- B.S. - 1976
- Honors: summa cum laude
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Kaplan Livingston Goodwin Berkowitz, Beverly Hills
- Finley, Kumble, Wagner, Underberg & Casey, Washington, DC