Complex Estate Planning And Probate Administration
Our trusts and estates attorneys offer clients personal attention in matters relating to trusts and estates. We are engaged in all aspects of estate planning on the state, federal and international levels. We prepare wills, trust instruments, prenuptial agreements and all related documents. Based in New York City, we serve clients in New York, Colorado and beyond.
We also conduct estate administration from probate through the distribution of assets. Our services include the drafting of all court documents, preparation of federal and state estate tax returns and tax planning for income received during the administration of an estate.
Experience You Can Trust
We have had many years of experience handling assets that are difficult to value and dealing with the tax authorities in estate tax audits, both on the agent and appellate levels. We also advise trustees with respect to the proper administration of trusts and beneficiaries with respect to their rights in such entities.
We are experienced in charitable planning, including the use of trusts and other devices that carry out both charitable and family objectives.
The attorneys at Cox Padmore Skolnik & Shakarchy are also experienced in representing clients in the Surrogate’s Court in matters such as will contests, construction proceedings and contested accountings.
Our Estate Planning Services
Our trusts and estates practice includes:
- Estate and tax planning
- Estate and trust administration
- Preparation of wills, trust instruments and related documents
- Services for the business owner, including business succession planning
- Charitable planning
- Use of wealth transfer devices such as family limited partnerships, limited liability companies and intrafamily sales
- Establishment of private foundations and advice with respect to their management
- Planning for disability, including documents used to delegate health care decisions
- Life insurance planning
- Planning for valuation and disposition of intellectual property assets
- Taxation of trusts and estates
- Planning for efficient and maximum use of gift tax exemption and annual exclusion
- Antenuptial agreement formation and review
- Planning for asset protection
Schedule A Consultation With One Of Our Lawyers
For help on these and other personal legal matters, contact us at Cox Padmore Skolnik & Shakarchy. In New York and Colorado, call 646-355-1648. You can reach all of our offices by calling toll free at 866-716-3813.
To see a sampling of the successful results Cox Padmore Skolnik & Shakarchy has achieved for clients, please click here.