Will Contests And Estate Disputes
Estate litigation can be extremely complex, both in terms of the assets and the personalities involved. When a person dies, long-simmering family disputes can rise to the surface, resulting in a highly contested probate process.
The attorneys of Cox Padmore Skolnik & Shakarchy LLP (CPS&S) have extensive experience representing beneficiaries, executors and administrators in estate disputes. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help with your probate and estate administration needs. We have offices in New York City, as well as locations in Denver and New Jersey.
Aggressive Litigation of Estate Disputes
The following are examples of types of estate litigation our lawyers handle:
- Will contests involving issues such as undue influence
- Supervised probate proceedings
- Valuation of assets, including real estate, closely held businesses and property that is difficult to value
- Timeliness of asset sales and distribution
- Disputes involving charitable grants and trusts
- Hidden assets
- Theft of assets
- Improper accounting of assets
- Breach of fiduciary duty by an executor, administrator, guardian or agent under a power of attorney
In a dispute involving business assets for an estate in Kings County, our lawyers successfully achieved substitution of our client as administrator of the decedent’s estate in place of the adverse party and obtained a settlement of all claims.
In another case involving an alleged breach of fiduciary duty by our client, we obtained a dismissal of more than $20 million in claims and attorneys fees.
Consult Our Will Contest Lawyers
To see a sampling of the successful results Cox Padmore Skolnik & Shakarchy has achieved for clients, please click here.