Leading-Edge Legal Representation
- Insurance Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate
Ms. Hawa concentrates her practice in commercial and insurance litigation specializing in the needs of real estate developers.
Ms. Hawa's experience as associate general counsel for a commercial risk insurer included overseeing and managing complex litigation as well as regulatory compliance for insurance carriers in various lines of business . Ancillary to that expertise, Ms. Hawa has acquired the skills to provide advice to entrepreneurs on the insurances that they need to protect their businesses.
After graduating cum laude from Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center in 1997 and Hofstra University with a bachelor's in international finance in 1993, Ms. Hawa began her practice as an associate in an insurance defense law firm representing insured of various insurance companies. She then joined Lancer Insurance Company as an associate general counsel. Ms. Hawa joined Cox Padmore Skolnik & Shakarchy LLP as special insurance counsel and since 2019 has merged her practice with the firm.
Ms. Hawa has been a speaker in New York State Bar Association events lecturing in on litigation issues specializing in insurance us as well the Excess Line Association of New York lecturing insurance professionals on how to litigate construction accident cases.
Ms. Hawa is married and has two children and she was is on the board of Solomon Schechter School of Long Island.
Ms. Hawa is admitted to practice law in the State of New York and New Jersey and is a member of the New York State Bar Association.
- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, Huntington, New York
- J.D. - 1997
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List, Spring 1995, Fall 1995, Fall 1996
- Honors: Moot Court Competition Editor
- Honors: Dean, Delta Theta Phi, 1995/1996
- Honors: Student Bar Association Representative, Curriculum Committee
- Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY
- B.B.A. in International Finance - 1993
- Honors: Dean's List
- New York
- New Jersey
- Touro Academic Excellence Award: Civil Procedure I, Legal Methods Oral Argument, Constitutional Law I, Family Law
Classes & Seminars
- Seminar Speaker, "Winning Your Case at the Deposition", New York State Bar Association, 2001 to 2001
- Speaker, The Litigation of Labor Law Cases, Excess Line Association of New York, 2003 to 2003
- How to Litigate a Labor Law Case, MetroRap , 2004 to 2004
- Law Offices of Laleh Hawa, Sole Practitioner, 2002 to 2004
- Lancer Insurance Company, Associate General Counsel, 1998 to 2002
- Lewis, Johs, Avallone, Aviles & Kaufman, Associate, 1997 to 1998
- Law Offices of Robert C. Gottlieb, Legal Intern, 1997 to 1997
- Hon. Ira J. Gammerman, Legal Intern, 1996 to 1996
- Maher & Petrilli, Litigation Assistant, 1992 to 1996
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Nassau County Worker's Compensation Board, Faris Interpreter, 1992
Current Employment Position
- Special Counsel for Insurance Matters