Laleh Hawa - Ms. Hawa concentrates her practice in insurance litigation and commercial litigation specializing in the needs of real estate developers. She further specializes in providing businesses with insurance advice to ensure that all their insurance needs are met. Ms. Hawa's experience as Associate General Counsel for a commercial insurance carrier has allowed to her to be able to be an asset to her clients and provide them with all their insurance needs.
Her experience has allowed her to become familiar with all types of commercial insurance policies across the United States and the types of coverage businesses need for maximum protection from all types of liabilities.
After graduating cum laude from Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center in 1997 and Hofstra University with a Bachelors in International Finance in 1993, Ms. Hawa began her training in litigation of personal injury lawsuits in the State of New York. Thereafter, she was an Associate General Counsel at Lancer Insurance Company and had litigation as well as corporate duties for the company. She was responsible for ensuring the laws and regulations were adhered to in the issuance of all types of insurance policies in all 50 states. She further managed the prosecution and defense of insurance coverage actions in various states across the country.
As a result of her experience in the field of insurance she has been invited by the New York State Bar Association to speak at a seminar for attorneys entitled "Winning Your Case at the Deposition." She has further been invited by the Excess Line Association of New York as well as MetroRap 2004 to educate and teach insurance professionals on how to litigate cases pertaining to construction accidents.
Ms Hawa is admitted to practice law in the State of New York and New Jersey and is a member of the New York State Bar Association.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Insurance Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate
- New York
- New Jersey
- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, Huntington, New York
- J.D. - 1997
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List, Spring 1995, Fall 1995, Fall 1996
- Honors: Moot Court Competition Editor
- Honors: Dean, Delta Theta Phi, 1995/1996
- Honors: Student Bar Association Representative, Curriculum Committee
- Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY
- B.B.A. in International Finance - 1993
- Honors: Dean's List
- Seminar Speaker, "Winning Your Case at the Deposition", New York State Bar Association, 2001 to 2001
- Speaker, The Litigation of Labor Law Cases, Excess Line Association of New York, 2003 to 2003
- How to Litigate a Labor Law Case, MetroRap 2004, 2004 to 2004
Honors and Awards
- Touro Academic Excellence Award: Civil Procedure I, Legal Methods Oral Argument, Constitutional Law I, Family Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Nassau County Worker's Compensation Board, Faris Interpreter, 1992
Past Employment Positions
- Law Offices of Laleh Hawa, Sole Practitioner, 2002 to 2004
- Lancer Insurance Company, Associate General Counsel, 1998 to 2002
- Lewis, Johs, Avallone, Aviles & Kaufman, Associate, 1997 to 1998
- Law Offices of Robert C. Gottlieb, Legal Intern, 1997 to 1997
- Hon. Ira J. Gammerman, Legal Intern, 1996 to 1996
- Maher & Petrilli, Litigation Assistant, 1992 to 1996